Nokia 6275i Review

January 26th, 2007

The image “http://www.howardchui.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_inhand%7E0.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

I just finished my up my review of the Nokia 6275i from Virgin Mobile. Make sure you check out additional pictures of it which can be found at my gallery here.

When I first think of Virgin mobile I think of hip advertising campaigns (okay, I’ll be honest; I think of nurses and hanukwazachristmas), prepaid service and cheap phones.

The Noka 6275i breaks from that tradition in that it’s a mid range phone with a cheap price.

Physical Impressions:

While not tiny, the 6275i is a pretty compact phone. You can see pics of it here. The large 2.2″ display makes it seem bigger than it really is.

When you squeeze it, the battery cover squeaks a little – otherwise it feels pretty solid.

The keys are quite large and easy to use. They depress with a nice click. There is a camera plus volume buttons on the right side.

Like I mentioned earlier, the display is pretty big (for a regular phone) at 2.2″. It has a fairly high resolution of 240×320 and can display up to 262K colours.

Unlike most Nokia phones, the 6275i doesn’t have a dedicated power button. To turn the 6275i on or off, just press and hold the END button.

Hands-free usage:

Like most newer phones, the 6275i has a built-in speakerphone (it’s kinda loud), headset connector (you actually get 2; a pop port connector plus a regular 2.5mm one on the right side) plus it supports Bluetooth headsets.

Miscellaneous:

There is 24MB of built-in memory plus a MicroSD slot behind the battery.

Menus:

The menu layout is typical of Nokias. The icons have been customized so they’re more hip. Take a look at my 6275i gallery to see what I mean. I thought Virgin did a great job with them.

The display has a resolution of 240×320 so icons and text look great.

Phone Related Features:

You get Nokia’s easy to use but fully featured phonebook. There can be numbers and information per phonebook entry (just like every other phone). When you’re searching for an entry you can type part of the name as opposed to just the first letter (again, most phones can do this now).

One thing I noticed is that the numbers are really big when you’re typing in phone numbers. That’s good if you can’t see very well. Still, most of the rest of the phone uses a fairly small font.

There is a voice dial feature but no voice commands.

Connected Features:

Connection to your computer is possible using a pop port data cable (my 6275i didn’t come with one). When you connect there are three different modes; the first is for syncing, second one is for printing while the last one lets you access the MicroSD (USB mass storage).

Speed wise, I transferred a 174MB file in about 9 mins 15 seconds which translates to about 313kb/s which isn’t very fast though it’s so-so for a phone.

Absent is a built-in email client and the browser seems to only support WAP sites.

Multimedia Features:

There is a built-in 2 megapixel camera. Pictures look amazing when you view them on the phone but they don’t look so great when you’re viewing them on a computer. Images are fairly noisy and the colour is slightly off at times.

Low light performance is pretty good. The 6275i can boost the signal so that you can see the subject you’re taking though it will be extremely noisy.

There is a built-in music play. It doesn’t let you sort your music by artist, album, genre, etc. so things can get messy if you have a lot of music. An equalizer is included so you can customize the music to your taste. Please remember the 6275i doesn’t come with a memory card or headphones so you’ll need those if you want to listen to music.
You will need compatible headphones if you plan on using the built-in FM radio since they act as an antenna. Either pop port or 2.5mm headphones will work with the radio.

Organizer Features:

The following organizer related features include: Voice recorder, alarm clock, calendar, notes, todo list, calculator, countdown timer and stop watch. You also get a unit converter, translator and world clock (they’re in the applications menu under games and apps).

The calendar, to do list and notes synchronize with Outlook on your PC if you have a pop port data cable and Nokia PC Suite. As usual there’s no iSync support for the 6275i at this time (wait a few months and I’m sure Apple will add it).

Impressions:

RF performance is very good.

While most CDMA phones are very clean but processed sounding, the 6275i is much less processed but slightly rough sounding.
Maximum earpiece volume is quite good.

Conclusion:

While I was disappointed with the 6275i’s lame Bluetooth support and user unfriendly music player, overall I enjoyed using the 6275i. It’s easy to use, has a great display with visually appealing menu icons, good battery life, memory card support and all at a pretty good price point.
It’s not a high end phone but it’s pleasant to use and has enough features to make it an interesting phone to use.

Ratings (out of 5)
Build Quality 3.5
Battery Life 4.5
Phone Related Features 3.5
Ease of Use 4
RF Performance 3.5
Degree of Customizability 3
Overall (not an average) 4
*Please note these ratings are temporal and are really only valid for the date they were assigned. A phone which receives a rating of 5 a year ago will probably get a lower rating today.

Pros:

• Large high res display
  • Fairly small
  • Good RF
  • Long battery life
  • Cool looking menu
  • Memory card support

Cons:

• Sound quality is rough
  • Bluetooth is only for headsets

Discuss this review at HowardForums.com
See the gallery here
Written by Howard Chui 01.26.2007
This article may not be reproduced without the the author’s permission.

Entry Filed under: Reviews,Site News

Shaun Nickerson  |  February 1st, 2007 at 10:29 pm

I have this phone and I have never had a problem connecting to my computer using bluetooth.

CreativeTwitch  |  February 2nd, 2007 at 4:36 pm

“You do get Bluetooth support but its pretty disappointing as it’s basically for headsets only. You can’t use it to connect to your computer or do much else with it.”

This is incorrect. If your laptop/desktop has bluetooth you can synch your phone to and from it using the NokiaPC Suite (free download). Quite simply……simple.

Uploads pictures on demand or automaticaly once it sense your home computers bluetooth connection. Phone will ask to accept connection and PC will download everything wirelessly, great for last minute dumps before heading to the pub.

mike  |  February 3rd, 2007 at 8:59 am

The bluetooth on my 6275i works perfectly with my computers. I use it regularly.

The music player really stinks. Quality is fine but features and usability are poor.

Any set of wired earphones will let the FM radio work. They do not have to be “compatible” or if so, then almost every set is “compatible”. But it will not work when connected to bluetooth. Also, bluetooth stereo is not supported.

However, it is a great phone for the price because of the rest of its features, size, battery life, etc.

Meri  |  February 5th, 2007 at 2:52 pm

What is consider good battery life? i have this phone and it only last 4 days (fully charged). within the 4 days, i hardly use it beside checking the time. is it just my phone or the battery. i just got this phone in january

BabyGuppy  |  February 15th, 2007 at 1:12 pm

I’m wondering if we can download themes, wallpapers from PC to nokia6275i. Virgin disables the options to load them from WAP sites. If anyone know how to download them, please let me know. I’m new with Nokia 6275i phone and with Virgin service.

Thanks

Mike  |  February 17th, 2007 at 9:45 pm

When will it be available to buy?
    How much?
    Does it have web browsing capabilities?

Anmar  |  March 1st, 2007 at 1:09 am

I heard that some people got it working with iSync. I can’t find a reference to that at all. if you know of information that enables this fine phone to work with Apple Mac OS X iSync, please post a link to it.

Anna  |  March 17th, 2007 at 5:59 pm

OK well i want to get this phone and i was just wondering if it has a really good battery life and if it is worth buying. and if it scratches easily? thnx

Corey  |  March 20th, 2007 at 9:01 pm

Hey Anna, I just bought the phone and scratches were my biggest concern as well. All I did was go down to the mall and visited one of those kiosks in the middle of it and sure enough there was a $20 case custom made for the 6275i. I don’t much like keeping it in there when I use it because I like showing this amazing phone off, but if I really wanted to the clear plastic screen would allow me to.

Can anyone give an opinion on the music player? Does it kill battery life? I’m thinking about buying an ipod but was curious if this phone would suffice as my music player – should I choose to pay the moeny for the kit.

Cheers,

Corey

Andrew  |  March 26th, 2007 at 10:39 am

I’m about to buy this phone from either Virgin Mobile or Bell Mobility (both here in Toronto, Canada). I need a great quality speakerphone and excellent call quality, both on receiving and sending end. Could someone who actually owns this phone and USES THE SPEAKERPHONE extensively comment ASAP?

I own an iPod and a digital camera, so I couldn’t care less about those features. I’m buying a phone, first and foremost :)

Also, any problems pairing it with the Motorola bluetooth headsets (H700, for example)?

THANKS!

Andrew  |  March 26th, 2007 at 10:40 am

Corey,

Where did you find/buy the case for this phone? How much was it? Is it leather?

Thanks!

Cowboy  |  March 26th, 2007 at 9:38 pm

You want to know how to connect nokia 6275i to a mac via Bluetooth.

Here is the link.

Download the Phone Director and follow the steps.

Its a bit confusing but make sure you connect to the phone in the preferences

Tyler  |  April 5th, 2007 at 5:19 pm

to the above,

as posted before, the proper program to download is call Nokia PC Suite. Right from the nokia website. it is awesome and oh so easy to use. you can sync everything with your outlook, upload pics, download pics, themes ev-re-th-ing

JD  |  April 6th, 2007 at 1:26 pm

I’ve had this phone for a little more than 3 weeks, and to date the only disappointment would be that I’m unable to set music as the ring tone. Other than that all is good, long battery life great pictures and I have had zero troubles pairing with bluetooth devices including my PC. Now we just have to find a fix for the mp3/ ring tone problem.

Jimbo  |  April 7th, 2007 at 9:24 pm

You can set Mp3′s as ringtones and put your own games on it, you need the program Diego 8.0+ (must be this version or higher) and you can manually unlock some settings which Virgin mobile has set. Search Google and you will find!

Marc-Olivier  |  April 19th, 2007 at 3:00 pm

thanks for the review mate, I might go and buy it tonight!

Travis  |  April 21st, 2007 at 5:23 pm

JD, all you do is convert your .Mp3 file to .wma, then you can use it as a ringtone. There is many programs that will convert mp3′s.

greg  |  April 22nd, 2007 at 4:46 pm

Anyone out there know there cases / covers/ for the Nokia 6275i at all?
    I am looking for a contractor friendly cover.
    In the perfect world it would completely cover the phone to keep dust at bay, a clear view of screen and key pad, a reliable clip that will not pull off when two stories up on a ladder.

Hve looked in store and on web without a huge success.

Help?!

Andy  |  May 25th, 2007 at 4:29 pm

Hi, 6275i stereo bluetooth is mentioned. Can nokia verify that stereo bluetooth audio *isn’t* possible? I can’t find any bluetooth 2.0 headsets, although the phone doesn’t support A2DP surely when BT 2.0 headsets are available this will be possible?

I suspect problems are a mix of new phone with new unsupported features, simply awaiting the right accessories.

Agree? disagree?

Lucas  |  May 30th, 2007 at 6:43 pm

Hey, I recently bought this phone and I was wondering if you can transfer photos and videos from the phone to your computer, whether it be using bluetooth or a data cable. Thanks.

Michael  |  May 31st, 2007 at 2:46 pm

Hi there

I was wondering if there are (good) Java music players that can be installed on this phone?

thanks!
    michael

Kyle  |  June 8th, 2007 at 11:11 pm

Hey everyone. I’ve had the phone for about a week now, and have tinkered with it quite a bit. The bluetooth on the unit works great, you can send and recieve images, videos, themes, and all sorts of stuff.
    The memory card is easier, but the location leaves something to be desired, as any time i want to access it, i have to turn the phone off.
    The sound quality of music over the built in speaker leaves something to be desired, and that’s being easy on it. It does have an equalizer built in, but it’s simply not very good.
    Also, if you want to use downloaded (ie- free) ringtones or games, you’re going to have to get the data cable, and use diego to unlock the settings. this is really weak, as i still haven’t got around to buying the darn thing.
    The phone works fine with nokia pc suite, and a workaround for using your own mp3′s is to chop one down to about 20 seconds, and then using theme studio, mod a theme to use your file as the ringtone. Theme studio is a free file you can torrent or download from the net.
    All in all, it’s a great phone for the price, and with the cable, you won’t be disappointed.

BabyGuppy  |  June 19th, 2007 at 2:26 pm

To anyone who’s asking about the case for Nokia 6275i:

I got a leather case with plastic screen for Nokia 6275i at Bell store. It was $20CAD or $25CAD. Sorry, I don’t remember exactly.

rive  |  June 20th, 2007 at 1:05 am

I’ve ad it for about 1 month, andi it’s the best CDMA phone I can find here.
    all the features works fine.
    But i can’t find any guidance for using it’s GPS function.
    Sure, it can pick up sattelite signal and displaying coordinates. Can anyone describe me al the function on GPS menu like waypoint, etc?

Vince  |  June 20th, 2007 at 1:38 pm

This phone does not play in stereo, and the nokia stereo headsets is also wired in mono. They should not advertise these phones and accessorie to have stereo if it just mono for left and right. What a major let down.

Mark  |  June 27th, 2007 at 11:50 pm

ok…..can anyone tell me a way to get stereo out of my headphones? Is it possible?

andry  |  July 4th, 2007 at 4:11 pm

i have an unlocked Nokia 6275i and i think this is a very nice phones.
    The bluetooth works just fine with my computer, i use it for data transfer.
    The 6275i came with travel charger, 256MB MicroSD card, stereo headset, and a PC suite software CD.
    oh btw, my 6275i has stereo output. you can turn the output into stereo or mono (please refer to the Nokia’s guide book).

it really is a nice phone.
    but… the GPS is a bit confusing tough…

Sam  |  July 9th, 2007 at 6:55 pm

Don’t buy this piece of junk from bell/solo… the screen died completely after a month, and they said “physical damage” when I asked for warranty service – however, i never dropped it or otherwise abused the phone.

I was actually thrown out of the store because I when I told them that I wasn’t going to pay my first month’s bill because the phone was defective, they said they’d send collection agents after me, and I said that the collection agents “could go fuck themselves.”

Thank god I didn’t pay to have it unlocked!

Amrit  |  July 10th, 2007 at 5:30 am

i dont know wat u guyzz think …. i felt its gudd… worth the money…. just that it should run sis files

mouss  |  July 13th, 2007 at 7:01 pm

i want to unlock my nokia 6275i with solo.please tell me if i can do it or no,thanks.give me a link or an address

Phil  |  July 19th, 2007 at 9:25 pm

is there a way to unlock this phone? if there is..how can i do it?

ExtremeInc  |  July 22nd, 2007 at 3:21 am

I’ve had this phone for about a half year with Virgin. Managed to brake screen which cost me $65 to replace.
    Also, dipped the phone in a glass of beer. Took it 2 days to dry up and it’s as good as new, except now it smells like beer inside ;)
    Now decided to unlock it, so, gonna have to spend another $15 for cable as diego program doesn’t work with bluetooth.
    Good luck to all of you and don’t try to dip your phone into beer glass at home :)

Rony  |  July 23rd, 2007 at 12:44 pm

Nokia 6275i. please help, i’m on my last nerve

I love this phone. i’ve just had a couple problems.

I put in a kingston 1gb microsd card. worked like a charm. until i filled it up to about 83mb. now when i try to take a picture, it says “unable to save file” and it then goes into standby mode. same for videos. i’ll save a picture on the phones memory and it’ll work fine. i’ll try to transfer it to the kingston card and it’ll say “operation failed”. i didn’t do anything differently. i was taking pictures that day, maybe 10? then a few minutes later i went to take another at work, and bam-error messages everywhere. is my card dead?

other than this, it’s been a great phone. i love it.

please help!

Mark  |  July 24th, 2007 at 8:18 pm

So can you Connect the bluetooth with other bluetooth phones to share ringtones and stufF?

drjcl  |  July 25th, 2007 at 12:11 am

I have a new Nokia 6275i. I am looking for a downloadable Theme that features a LARGE WORKING CLOCK that I can easily read. All of the clock downloads I have found online DO NOT work on this phone. Any suggestions??

azddd at cox.net

Mary  |  July 28th, 2007 at 11:04 pm

Hi!
    I may phone, and just wanted to clarify about the headphones. Can I use just regular headphones? Or do I have to but specific ones? I am not concerned with the sound quality for now.
    Thanks.

Mary  |  July 28th, 2007 at 11:05 pm

Sorry, I meant “I may buy this phone” :P

Konst  |  August 7th, 2007 at 4:50 pm

you can unlock this phone by getting the c-53 cable and downloading diego 3.08
    I just did it today and it works. I can put my own games into the phone and i can use mp3 as ringtones.. btw im with virgin. Its a good phone!

dementia13  |  August 21st, 2007 at 9:01 pm

Howdy folks,

Glad to have found this forum.

I just got the phone a week ago from Virgin (took advantage of their $50 credit when you purhcase the phone) and I’m happy with it. The back panel is a bit loose/hollow-feeling, but other than that it’s good. I got a cable for it and put some games and videos on – you can find programs to convert other video files to .3p2 or whatever – I put the DARJEELING LIMITED trailer on there – anyone else get the joke? ;)

Anyways, I’m looking hard for a case for this thing but I can’t find anything. I just got back from the Eaton’s centre where I checked EVERY single phone store (Telus, Rogers, Fido, Bell, and Wireless Wave) and nothing.

I’m looking for a nice case that has a belt clip and one of those round clips that let’s you detach the case/phone from the belt.

BabyGuppy, in your post you said:

BabyGuppy | June 19th, 2007 at 2:26 pm
    To anyone who’s asking about the case for Nokia 6275i:

Do you mind sharing where you found it? I’m dying to get a case for this thing so that I can use/carry it properly. (I tried buying a “custom made” one off of eBay, the post seemed great, but the seller was a real jerk – took weeks to get back to me and tell me about delays, very rude, decided to cancel and just rough it).

If anyone has any other places to share, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Maple Leafs Fan  |  August 28th, 2007 at 11:01 pm

check this out to unlock you 6275i
    i changed a bunch of stuff including the ringtone problem
    works perfect!

Stanley  |  September 1st, 2007 at 11:53 pm

I’ve just bought 6275i.
    I used bluetooth and several features, and the battery drained quickly. It looks like that using the additional feature (such as camera, MP3 player,etc..) consumes a lot of power..

john  |  September 6th, 2007 at 3:53 pm

For mac, I can get some basic connection through bluetooth, but I can’t get all of the functions out of phone director. I get an error about OBEX protocol when I try to access the gallery. Does anyone have any other suggestions for getting it completely connected to a mac? I have a new intel macbook pro.

lisa  |  September 11th, 2007 at 6:33 am

is there any way to connect a strap to this phone? I can’t find any open holes.

Rob  |  September 12th, 2007 at 2:20 pm

right at the top of my (Bell version) there is the two holes for looping a strap through. dead center on the top of the phone.

mysami  |  September 15th, 2007 at 11:43 pm

where do I find this Diego download for the Nokia 6275i?? Can’t find anywhere?

delia  |  September 16th, 2007 at 9:30 am

I have plastic on the top of my nokia 6275i and I too am looking for a place to put a strap. Rob,did you have to poke through the plastic to make the holes? I poked one and i almost took the plastic off the whole phone….what to do? also, how does the bluetooth function work? does the pc only detect it only through the nokia suite software?

steve  |  September 17th, 2007 at 1:05 pm

I have this phone, the pics look even better when I put them on my computer

Alex  |  September 18th, 2007 at 9:37 am

Guys! May you help me! May you advice anybody,who can sell me 10 cellphones nokia 6275i

delia  |  September 23rd, 2007 at 6:06 pm

How do you get the bluetooth to connect to your pc from this phone? Does it work automatically or do you need to buy an adapter?

Mike  |  September 28th, 2007 at 12:37 pm

THIS PHONE DOES AND WILL NOT WORK WITH VIRGIN MOBILE…I don’t no if one of us is confused or whatever, but I just got off the phone with them, and they said that it is NOT compatible….

Thanks,

Mike A

Nokia 6275i Review - Howa&hellip  |  October 9th, 2007 at 1:39 pm

[...] reviews the Nokia 6275i: “The Nokia 6275i is a pretty compact phone. The large 2.2″ display makes [...]

Mobile Phone | Cell Phone&hellip  |  October 9th, 2007 at 9:15 pm

[...] reviews the Nokia 6275i: “The Nokia 6275i is a pretty compact phone. The large 2.2? display makes it [...]

Electronics & Gadgets  |  October 10th, 2007 at 5:41 am

hi buddy
    Nice post!! Thanks for sharing information.

missa chang  |  October 18th, 2007 at 12:27 am

u can get the case for the phone the bell store @ Argentia Rd & Winston Churchill thats where i bought mine. I downloaded the diego 3.08 and installed it, but now it says can’t find dongle. Now m stuck can any one help me plz n thx

razzberri  |  November 19th, 2007 at 3:01 pm

Mike | September 28th, 2007 at 12:37 pm
    *****************************************************************

Um, Mike, are you in Canada or the US?? It’s with VM Canada, I’ve had the phone since March and it works perfectly fine :P I am in love with my phone, especially now with Opera Mini, MGMaps, Morange, and tons of games running on it perfectly fine.

Missa, to get rid of the dongle issue, uninstall Nokia PC Suite if you have it installed, uninstall Diego too…then reinstall Diego BEFORE reinstalling PC Suite, and it should work fine.

I know this is a bit late, but whatever.

PM  |  November 23rd, 2007 at 9:40 pm

hi,
    im looking to buy the NOKIA 6275i for Bell mobility in canada
    if you are selling pls contact me at:
    paras_mehta_2002@hotmail.com

Thank you!

dude  |  November 27th, 2007 at 10:16 pm

cool phone
    it is so cool

lex  |  December 2nd, 2007 at 10:15 am

There is no doubt that this is a cool phone. Reception quality is excellent and the graphic displays are top notch for a phone in this price range.
    On the down-side, the build quality is suspect. The battery cover easily becomes weak and will eventually require tape to keep it on. The large front screen, albeit nice, is easily scratched.
    Note that Virgin does not have a good repair record. Buy an extended warranty from Futureshop if you think you’re going to own your phone for any extended period of time. I had to wait weeks before receiving a pre-paid Purolator package from Virgin to enable their techies to repair my phone. I still haven’t received it back from Virgin and Virgin does not provide a ‘loaner’. Thus I have been forced to buy a new phone every ten days, and then return it. I guess that’s what you get for a cheap mobile service.

voyal  |  January 9th, 2008 at 6:13 pm

Best Nokia which sell in Transnistria.

Alisha  |  January 28th, 2008 at 7:46 pm

I bought my Nokia 6275 in June of 07. About 2 weeks after I purchased it, it would shut off on its own quite randomly. So I sent it in for repairs and I was told it needed a system upgrade. Which sounded pretty fishy considering the phone was only a month old when I sent it. When I got the phone back it wasn’t a problem for the first month. Than it got so bad that it was shutting off multiple times a day as well the screen was freezing. So I sent it in again and after another month and a half I recieved the phone back and it only took 2 hours before it started doing it again. I have now been fighting with Bell and Nokia since December 1, 07 to have my phone replaced. Bell can go to hell for all I care because thats basically what they told me to do. If anyone else has this problem I recommend that they deal with Nokia directly.

Other than all that, I would recommend this phone (NOT BELL) to anyone.

Kyle  |  January 31st, 2008 at 10:04 pm

Okay, I don’t mind the 6275i. It’s okay. But I’m having the exact same problem as you were, Alisha. The phone keeps either shutting itself off, going black for a few minutes, or resetting to the default theme and ringtones – very, very annoying. And yeah, mine’s with Bell too. The suck.

mujeer  |  February 15th, 2008 at 9:26 am

Hi,
    I have this nokia 6275 CDMA phone ,but the for clock themes,when i apply it comes as one or more elements are invalid & the themes will not support.

guest6275i  |  February 18th, 2008 at 9:34 pm

razzberri, are you paying the $5mth vm internet? i found a few ports that work paying the 5$ but don’t want to pay any internet charge at all! Have you had any luck in this regard? thanks

R Hon  |  February 19th, 2008 at 11:46 am

Actually I have used the Bluetooth to send files to and from my computer using a “Bluetooth Dongle”. Works good but I usually use a USB cable, it’s quicker. Other than that I agree with your review. I’ve had the phone for a year and bought an extra battery (eBay, really inexpensive) and have no complaints.

guest6275i  |  February 21st, 2008 at 8:01 pm

ii don’t have a 6275i, but it seems like a nice s40v3 [initial release with no fp's] but what i need to know is if vmobile is a good $ money choice for an ulimited data plan like pc mobile for example for 5$ … i need more ppl’s opinion on virgin mobile’s minimal data plan’s success’s or failures — ie. midp2 app’s operability like opera, nimbuzz, mig33, novamessenger, and flurry etc. .. and any problems related with bce carrier issues

Bill B  |  February 25th, 2008 at 7:42 pm

I am totally intrested in this phone.If anyone is selling let me know.I want one.

TeWhetu  |  March 1st, 2008 at 5:34 am

Hi, i’ve just bought a 6275i second hand and about an hour after turning it on the screen went dark, i think it’s the backlight. i can still see things on it and it still works; its just the backlight i cant get working… any ideas on how to get it going?

rob  |  March 29th, 2008 at 9:45 am

truly a great phone, mine died after 2 years. i wil buy another one. fyi get the data cable off ebay, 1.99 plus 4 dollars to ship. question, i can get a solo based phone off a friend of mine, can it be unlocked to be used on the regular bell mobility plan?

mc  |  April 9th, 2008 at 10:42 pm

Very disappointed with the battery life. It last less than 2-3 days without much use.

Music player is worthless because it plays music for maybe 30 mins and you won’t have enough battery life to use the phone for the rest of the day.

It looks good, but it’s not worth the money. Do not buy.

John B  |  April 24th, 2008 at 4:15 pm

The 6275 was a good phone – when it worked. I’ve just had the same problem many others have had – the “white screen of death” when the phone is turned on. I bought the phone one year and ten days ago although this problem has been developing for a couple of months.

I’ve just spoken with Nokia and their response – tough luck, you’re ten days too late. No question that this will be the last Nokia product I will buy. Beware the phone and company.

Cari R  |  May 22nd, 2008 at 3:41 pm

piece of crap phone. I am also just out of warranty and the phone won’t even turn on. It takes forever to load and then just shuts itself off. Never again will I buy Nokia

Anonymous  |  May 24th, 2008 at 4:03 pm

Same thing happened to me 5days after the warranty ended the phone dide and bell wouldn’t do anything about it!

Howard F  |  May 25th, 2008 at 5:04 pm

My daughters 6275 powers up and then turns off. This must be a frequent occurence as there is even a check box for this fault on the repair form. It happened just after the warranty expired and Nokias comment was “too bad get it repaired”. Cost of repar is minimum 66.25 so its not worh it.
    My 6265 did the same thing but luckily it died just before the warranty expired.
    Do not get this piece of junk unless you get an extended warranty. You’ll need it.

Thomas  |  June 4th, 2008 at 6:36 pm

“The White Screen of Death” – What an excellent way to put it. I’ve been having this problem for several months. Sometimes it would resolve itself, other times I took action – this consisted of me rapidly pressing the power button after I ‘turned it on’. Over the last few days nothing seems to work. I even thought calling the phone just after I turned it on might help. I also tried taking the battery out or removing my sd card.

I have a 3-year extended warranty with Future Shop, so I plan on heading up there in the next few days. Mine is also a Vigin Mobile phone.

Is it the phone’s program in the hardware that is just failing to load? I thought it might be the battery, but it’s fully charged, so nevermind. Though, mind you, the battery loses some life after I play with it for a long time trying to turn it on.

I have wasted so much of my life trying to turn the phone on. In the last two days I spent probably an hour and a half total attempting what I’ve done before, though it was in many tries.

Chris  |  June 11th, 2008 at 2:31 pm

Exact same. I am like 2 weeks past my warranty. I’m getting the White Screen. IT will turn on, show the white screen, display 9:00am, then turn off. i haven’t been able to use the phone for 3 days!! This is brutal!

Chris  |  June 11th, 2008 at 2:33 pm

I swear its a conspiracy. I shouldn’t say that either, they might be listening :(

nikhil  |  June 19th, 2008 at 2:55 am

Thomas  |  June 29th, 2008 at 1:40 pm

Here’s an update for us all:

I took my phone to Future Shop to take action with my extended warranty product service plan (PSP). I got there and had to give up my beautiful phone when I approached them with my problem. This didn’t surprise me, but it made me sad to be without it for a while.

The lady told me that they’ve never had someone bring in a Nokia with a problem that she knew of. She was a bit abrasive, but she seemed to know how everything worked.

So, I got a call a few days ago saying that my phone could not be fixed, because of ‘unavailable parts’. So I went in to Future Shop to figure out what would happen next.

An important note: if you are covered by a PSP with Future Shop, bring in all the accessories and manuals – everything that came with your phone in its package – to the store or you’ll have to make a return trip.

Anyway, they (Future Shop) are going to replace my phone, but the worst of it is they don’t carry the 6275i anymore…

I talked to the same lady as when I brought it in, and she was of course trying to push my decision on a new phone right there, but I didn’t really like any of them. She pretty much told me to suck it up and pick one.

The problem with that is I picked MY phone because I liked it. That’s why it beat all the other phones. It also has a 2.0 megapixel camera. I love the feel of the phone when I use the camera because it feels just like a real digicam!

No phone will be able to replace it but itself.

The real purpose of this update is to say that I don’t think “the white screen of death” is repairable, unfortunately.

lalit  |  July 3rd, 2008 at 10:37 am

how to open the nokia 6275 cover/ case, I have problem voice pickup if held not properly.I think some dust accumulation; need to clen up.

Thomas  |  July 12th, 2008 at 2:40 am

Going back to Future Shop finally, I decided to replace my beloved Nokia 6275i with the LG 570. The LG Muzic is alright, but I don’t believe the digicam will ever compare.

If possible, I think I’ll try to get a spare 6275i for the future.

tulalit  |  August 30th, 2008 at 2:10 pm

Nagesh  |  August 31st, 2008 at 3:22 pm

Contact image displays very small ..Do all of you face the same problem..Is there any update pls let me know………..

nayminn5  |  September 15th, 2008 at 5:07 am

I know about Nokia phone/

Gordon  |  November 6th, 2008 at 12:04 am

Got the same, white screen of death problem. I’m pretty sure i got it after doing this:

get ride of 1x/Analog icon

PRI ID: 887 Set to Option 2 to only display Analog icon.
    Set to Option 0 to display no icons.

with deigo. I set it to 0 to display no icons and that is when i first noticed a problem with the booting and white screen etc. I would stay away from that setting.

I wish there was a place or solution to this problem, I’ve tried reloading old pri’s I saved back on the phone to no avail, the phone still boots up and i have to sometimes continually press the power button to make it work. And now its just shutting off whenever it wants. Not cool if you ask me. I think the next thing I’ll try is resetting everything back to factory default within the phone.

if anyone has a place where we could come to solution or atleast share some info about this problem, feel free to post away or let me know my email is in the comment :)

cheers

Gordon.

Dave  |  November 20th, 2008 at 4:07 pm

Same problem as others: white screen of death. It started about 2 months ago, which is about 1 year and 2 months after my warranty expired. Initially, I managed to bide some time by removing the battery for a few hours, and resetting/defaulting it when it did boot intermittently after mashing the buttons. During this period, it took a lot longer than usual to boot. The ‘fix’ no longer works, and I’m just fed up with it. Think I’ll be getting a new cheapo phone soon, and I’ll be staying away from Nokia from now on.

Dave  |  November 20th, 2008 at 4:08 pm

Woops, I meant 1 year and 2 months after I bought it, which is 2 months after the warranty expired.

Mehdi  |  December 1st, 2008 at 5:23 pm

I’m Gettin this phone tomorrow :)

sriramreddy  |  December 22nd, 2008 at 8:44 am

i am using nokia 6275 battery back up is very poor otherwise it is very usefull to multi subscribers

Jacob  |  June 21st, 2009 at 10:16 pm

WHITE SCREEN OH BOY!! like 2 months be fire the warranty was up mine started to do this. i would be able to turn it on after a couple of tries. but now a month after warranty expires YAY WSOD comes back. problem is this is my work phone and my only contact to some people. NOKIA ARE DICKS DO NOT BUY THEIR PHONES.

JayJay  |  July 25th, 2009 at 10:11 am

Hi you want to know the simplest way to FIX THE WHITE SCREEN?
    Its simply the battery contacts that are a little old or unresponsive. soooo what you do is take out the battery and you will see the 3 little receivers were the battery feeds the power, scratch it with your thumb to kinda “clean ” it.
    After i did that it worked so give it a try its that simple.

Jack Yan  |  November 13th, 2009 at 8:06 pm

To the people who got the ‘unable to save file’ on to their memory cards, here is what I did: I simply used my laptop (Bluetooth enabled) to move and save a few files to the card. That seems to have “unlocked” it.

What is disappointing is that there is no mention of this on the Nokia site, even though, from what I read above, it is not uncommon.

However, if anyone has any suggestions on the following, it would be appreciated: (a) my score never changes in the casino games. Regardless of how much I win or lose, the next time I go back in to the game, I have the same amount I had the last time. (b) This week, around the same time as the memory card error, my 6275i decided it would no longer have a clock. The time that was shown on the main screen has disappeared, with no way of getting it back.

I have generally found the phone to be full of bugs and Nokia support pretty terrible. Everything I have managed to do on it so far, I’ve had to work out single-handedly.

troubles  |  December 4th, 2009 at 9:57 pm

my backlight comes on when it wants is there any thing i can do to fix it my self?

Yonanto  |  September 21st, 2010 at 10:26 am

My Nokia 6275i also doesn’t work if I install realtime clock, the home screen goes white, not for other common theme. Any sugestion. Should I also clean the battery receiver?