Samsung SCH-R500

November 22nd, 2007

November 22 brought a new phone Telus Mobility. The Samsung R500 can now be purchased through the Telus website or at any authorized Telus dealer across the country. Current prices are as follows:
3 year term: $49.99
2 year term: $99.99
1 year term: $199.99
No contract: $249.99

The Samsung SCH-R500 features a 1.3 MP camera, is GPS location sharing compatible, and has a built in MP3 player with a external SD card slot.

available red or blue

live_strong

Entry Filed under: Phones

David  |  December 5th, 2007 at 12:27 am

This is a decent phone. It was also released for US Cellular this week. Interesting to see that they are still meddling with the interchangeable faceplates.

Cellular Phone Forum  |  December 11th, 2007 at 11:40 pm

As David mentioned, this really is a great little phone. I also love the sporty design.

kyle  |  December 24th, 2007 at 1:28 pm

how do you putmusic on it usig the sd card?

kyle  |  December 24th, 2007 at 1:28 pm

How do you put music on it using the SD card?

Adam  |  January 4th, 2008 at 3:59 pm

this is to kyles question:

all you have to do is get a micro sd card usb adapter, and plug it into your computer and drag and drop music files onto it.

Carmen  |  January 19th, 2008 at 4:56 pm

Does anyone know if it is posible to change the colour theme on the main dispaly on this phone?

Bob  |  June 24th, 2008 at 11:37 pm

I was also wondering if you change the colour theme on the main display? The green looks awful.

Cameron  |  January 2nd, 2009 at 1:23 am

I just got this samsung phone for christmas , and i went too change the face plate to red , and cant get it on properly ? , is there any clues , that can help me , if someone could reply to me that would be great thanks,

Brittney  |  January 26th, 2009 at 3:25 pm

I bought this phone at the end of November and by the end of December was having text messaging issues. My phone would start saying memory is 77% full, please erase messages. But there were no messages whatsoever in the text area. Yet the percent kept growing. Took the phone back to where I got it and they replaced it. Same thing happened with second phone. I’m now at 98% full. DON’T buy this phone! I have seen so many other people with the same problem. One store even had 15 returns of the same phone in 1 month. If anyone has had this issue and got if fixed, PLEAS let me know how!

Brittney  |  January 26th, 2009 at 3:25 pm

My email is bitter-sweet_tragedy@hotmail.com

Mike  |  February 25th, 2009 at 12:11 am

Ya definitely a trend forming with the text memory here although i was “fortunate” enough to not have it happen until after 1 year ( Waranty length) so i’m probably screwed. Will call my local telus but i will be searching for a solution and get back to you Brittney if i find one.