Sony Ericsson launches new brand which includes their new Windows Mobile Phone

February 12th, 2008

xperiax11.jpg

No it’s not a new Travel website, Sony Ericsson describes XPERIA as their new premium sub brand.

The XPERIA X1 is the first device in ther new brand. It’s a sweet looking Pocket PC (I assume since it has a touch screen) phone with a 3″ 800×480 widescreen display, curved slide out QWERTY keyboard, XPERIA panels WiFi, BT, aGPS, 3.2 megapixels camera plus there will be a model with support for North American HSDPA. Despite the hefty feature set the X1 weighs approx 145g and is 110x53x16.7 (it’s relatively thin). There’s support for Micro SD plus a mini USB port (horray!)

From the pictures it appears that SE has done a lot of customization to the device.

North American availability is expected in Q2 2008.

xperiax12.jpg

xperiax13.jpg

Entry Filed under: Phones

Gurran  |  February 18th, 2008 at 12:36 pm

I am selling http://www.experiax1.com to anyone who is interested via http://www.sedo.com

Andreas  |  February 21st, 2008 at 2:29 pm

Excellent, I will try to catch this new Sony Ericsson mobile phone.

Idiot  |  February 29th, 2008 at 6:10 pm

yeah, Gurran…can I buy it, please?

loren  |  March 1st, 2008 at 4:07 am

how much your selling it?

JeremyWithAMogulOnTop  |  March 2nd, 2008 at 3:20 pm

wow. that looks so nice.

Song Huang  |  March 3rd, 2008 at 8:28 pm

Come on Howard, take Gurran’s post down! He’s not setting the phone, but a domain that he is squatting on to take advantage of the phone. That ain’t cool. Like the others who responded, I was misled by that post.

Feke  |  March 8th, 2008 at 1:04 am

Hi there! Herédi in Hungary, web talked só much about this S-E-X1, and most of us thinks, that the date of the availability of this device ruins it’s magic, and everything. When it arrives to the sellers, there will be a few better device for cheaper prices. Just one thing. For the price it will be available, I can buy NOW two(!) Everun umpc, with 60GB HDD, 800Mhz processor, real windows (XP) OS, etc.etc.. Okay, it’s a Sony-Ericsson, my favourite brand, but if I have to choose… then an umpc for this price.

Feke  |  March 8th, 2008 at 1:05 am

Hi there! Here in Hungary, we talked so much about this S-E-X1, and most of us thinks, that the date of the availability of this device ruins it’s magic, and everything. When it arrives to the sellers, there will be a few better device for cheaper prices. Just one thing. For the price it will be available, I can buy NOW two(!) Everun umpc, with 60GB HDD, 800Mhz processor, real windows (XP) OS, etc.etc.. Okay, it’s a Sony-Ericsson, my favourite brand, but if I have to choose… then an umpc for this price.

Feke  |  March 8th, 2008 at 1:07 am

would a mod delete my first comment and this one? I miswrote a few words, with this stupid t9. sorry! thanks!

jrsmama  |  March 14th, 2008 at 12:38 pm

Does anyone know which carrier this will be offered on? Possibly AT&T? TIA!

Steve  |  March 20th, 2008 at 3:35 pm

I dont know what to get either this or the ETEN glofiish M800 please help?

The Angry Intern  |  March 27th, 2008 at 6:57 pm

this thing looks so sweet cuz it was designed by HTC. This is a phone that will convince me to leave VZW

FlashGal  |  April 6th, 2008 at 3:18 pm

I’d love to have a large screen with a qwerty keyboard — and not as a folding peripheral. I firmly believe that sometimes smaller just isn’t always better when it comes to our personal devices.

ernest  |  May 29th, 2008 at 5:50 am

I LOV TO HAVE ONE

мepтвeц  |  May 23rd, 2009 at 1:12 am

Сдается мне, на вашем блоге развелось слишком много так называемых говн*комментатров, которым лишь бы ляпнуть чего-нибудь:)

nripen biswas  |  January 13th, 2010 at 1:00 pm

I want to know the price in indian currency for the model of Sony Ericsson experia x10

kaya  |  March 5th, 2010 at 7:04 am

ı want buy one but dont konow how.ı am from turkey