Rogers/Fido Data users rejoice! – actually, never mind – update 2, now I’m not sure

July 9th, 2008

According to this you can now get 6GB of data for $30. This 6GB is not IMEI restricted so you can use it on your unlocked gray market phones. You can do whatever you want with it – WAP, tethering, YouTube, etc. Hurray!

The post says it’s for Fido but apparently it will be on Rogers too. Just remember you have to sign a 3 year contract.

*update – it’s only for phones from Rogers or Fido. If you prefer to use unlocked and grey market phones forget it. (booo!)

*update 2 – Now i’m not sure if it will or will not work on unlocked and grey market phones. Stay tuned.

Entry Filed under: Rogers Wireless

midtoad  |  July 9th, 2008 at 5:30 pm

It’s a trick designed to fool the stupid. They haven’t reduced their prices – this is only a 20-day sale. And to get it you already have to have a voice plan (or buy one). It will end up costing you at least $90/mo. to operate an iPhone even with this “deal”, and to get that price you have to sign up for 36 months.

Within 6-12 months there will be several new players on the national scene, offering lower prices, and you’ll be kicking yourself. By 36 months out, all your friends and family will be kicking you too.

Solitude.EX  |  July 10th, 2008 at 7:00 am

I agree with midtoad

$60 for 6gbs in Canada
    $30 for Unlimited Data in USA

it plausibly doesnt make much sense and its a ploy to make people believe that we’re all getting a cheaper data plan.

As far as im concerned im better off getting a blackberry with the 300mb data plan for 30 bucks because on a blackberry that would take forever to use up

I still remember the rogers rep i was talking to for flaming the Iphone for its data usage,,,,,,,if they know about this, why not give us all unlimited data already?

ian  |  July 11th, 2008 at 8:19 pm

I had the 30 dollar 300 mb pack on my rim, I called in today and added the 30 dollar 6 GB package. My contract did not change (I am only 6 months in on a curve) for me and my situation this is fantastic news!!!

darren  |  July 13th, 2008 at 12:07 pm

I agree. I switched over to the 6 GB data plan and I can confirm that this works for VV users. For all those who didn’t get net and what not get it now so you can PIN.

Koodo (telus’s bitch company) is going to go under. Watch and see.

SHAWN  |  July 17th, 2008 at 2:40 am

Yes the 6gig option is for non fido phones, they say its for the iphone or windows mobile option but it can be used else where, it is a data option, it does’nt come with unlimited email as its suppose to for windows mobile devices, so any surfing you do to email or any site using your mobile will come out of the 6 gigs I am actually a customer service agent for fido, and I can promise you that no plan is unlimited, alot of the us providers do place caps for their internet usage some at 3 others at 5

JEEVERZ  |  July 27th, 2008 at 10:26 am

*6gb does not work on ‘grey devices’
    *unlimited package for $30 by AT&T is capped at 5gb
    *koodo is going to collapse in the next year or so
    *enjoy the 15 cent incoming text charge ‘Belus’