LG Neon-Fido

March 19th, 2009

Rogers launched the LG Neon two weeks ago and now Fido has done the same.

lg-neon-fido

The Neon allows you to keep in touch through SMS, MMS, and instant messaging (WLM or Y!M).  A 2.0 MP is on the back side of the touch screen, which can only be used for dialing.  Bluetooth, a built in MP3 player, and FM radio round out this QWERTY phone.

Fido pricing for the LG Neon:
$50-2 year
$175-no contract

Buy online or at any Fido retail store.

live_strong

Entry Filed under: Fido Telephony,Latest Phones,LG,Phones

Lily  |  March 20th, 2009 at 9:38 pm

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder why it’s cheaper than at Rogers? (in terms of no contract).

Odan  |  March 22nd, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Its the difference of a year between Rogers and Fido ( 3 compared to 2)
    However be warned, I purchased one for my wife and myself.
    It doesn’t come with a headset or data cable.
    meaning the Radio will not work with the proper headset, built in MP3 player is pretty useless as well, not many people use portable music players without headphones.
    However its a sweet phone , looks great, sounds great.

Liz  |  March 23rd, 2009 at 3:54 pm

does this phone come in pink for fido ?

Cathy  |  March 23rd, 2009 at 9:15 pm

I don’t think the online store has pink ones available. I haven’t been to the stores yet. Do they have it in pink?

Steven  |  April 11th, 2009 at 5:53 pm

Just got back home & went to Rogers to get this phone and was very happy until I checked the box when I got home as Odan says that the phone doesn’t come with a usb cable or even a head set.
    Other then that,this has to be the cutest phones I seen and im happy Rogers came out with it as its nice and the sound is amazing

Gerry  |  May 17th, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Bought my Neon about 3 weeks ago with Fido – was modestly happy, but not terribly satisfied.

Happy with – Provided headset, excellent camera quality, qwerty keyboard not too bad, cute look, sound isn’t bad

Unhappy with – Text functions not great (no sticky keys like with Sony Ericsson), stupid touch function for only dialing but nothing else, saving/editing numbers from text messages awkward, too many navigation buttons (and not intuitive), slow speed processing, cannot use MP3 or Radio with any other function (i.e. games, text, surfing), weird menu navigation (setting alarm and choosing multiple contacts for text msgs)

AND…. now this weekend, while on vacation, my screen went haywire and blacked out spontaneously. A 2-week old phone shouldn’t be that sensitive to a high-level user. Quite disappointing, and will be going to technical service this week.