Koodo Mobile to Launch Motorola Rival

August 13th, 2009

rival

Our Koodo Ninja has informed us that the Motorola Rival will be launching in the coming weeks.  The internal document reveals the Rival will be launching at retail locations on either August 17th or 24th.

Pricing for Koodo’s newest QWERTY keyboard was not detailed in the memo.  Parent company, Telus, did launch the Rival a last week for $299.99 no term; so expect Koodo’s to retail around $200 or $50 on the Tab.

rival-2

live_strong

Entry Filed under: Koodo Mobile,Motorola

» Koodo Mobile to L&hellip  |  August 13th, 2009 at 2:52 am

[...] View original post here: Koodo Mobile to Launch Motorola Rival [...]

MobileSyrup.com - Canadia&hellip  |  August 13th, 2009 at 7:27 am

[...] More here Share this story: [...]

mfairbrother  |  August 20th, 2009 at 12:01 pm

Is it true that koodo mobile is releasing SIM cards? even though they are currently CDMA?

Dan  |  September 5th, 2009 at 3:02 am

Koodo is the stupidest company I’ve ever had to deal with.
    It so happened that my credit card was renewed; –horror of horrors–; so their stupid website doesn’t accept it. There’s no way to change the expiry date through their webpage. I emailed customer service and they told me the only way to fix the problem was to call 611. I spent about an hour listening to their stupid music and finally hanged up.
    Since then I’ve tried multiple times to explain to them that unless they pay for my time, I will NOT call 611 again; but all they reply, like a broken record, is that I have to call 611. Two months have gone by, and I have no way to pay my bill.

They make all their customers have to periodically have to waste an hour on the phone, just because they can’t pay some guy $500 to fix their website to allow updating one’s credit card expiry date?!?!

Well, if they continue to treat this customer like his suggestions don’t matter at all, I’ll start a public awareness campaign that will cost them millions in lost business.

My advice to anyone is to stay away from Koodo if you plan to pay by credit card.

JackHotel  |  September 8th, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Uh, Dan, you do realize that there’s a toll free number that you could call from another hone, right? Everytime I have trouble with Koodo’s website I find that it’s pretty predominately displayed.

Good luck with your “public awareness campaign that will cost them millions in lost busines, chump.

sonjz  |  September 9th, 2009 at 5:05 pm

sounds like human error, Dan.

mind you their website could be organized better.

sonjz  |  September 9th, 2009 at 5:07 pm

back to the phone. my biggest problem with these phone companies is they lock down a lot of features on the phone so you have to access their website to get wallpapers ringtones music etc.

i was hoping someone would release a video of the interface for koodo. any leads?

Geordie  |  September 26th, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Dan i have the exact same problem as you

tyler  |  November 3rd, 2009 at 5:12 pm

I have the same problem as well. does anyone know what to do?

Liza  |  November 17th, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Can you download games on koodo mobiles cause i have a cell from koodo and i cant seem to find any. Please help

Murteza  |  April 4th, 2010 at 3:08 pm

This phone actually turned out to be pretty shit…
    I’ve had it for a month, and i haven’t dropped it, got water onto it, or anything.
    It restarts on me about an average of 30+ times a day.
    The screen freezes up randomly.
    The touch screen goes whack and will constantly send texts for a short period of time. all of which are blank.
    One time it said my inbox was full even though i had 0 texts both inbox and sent ones.

I’m going to go send it in and hopefully it will be fixed.
    I already tried updating the software from the Motorola website…didn’t do anything.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Young Emmanuel  |  June 3rd, 2010 at 11:04 am

Mr. Murteza
    I had the same problem too. I got my Mom to get it fixed for me and it worked. My phone works like a charm again.
    Maybe you should go talk to them yourself. By the way, you should probably try turning off ur phone if its acting up like that (sending blank messages ). Plus you should have your phone on automatic lock, because they screen buttons are quite sensitive.

Mike  |  November 5th, 2010 at 11:30 am

Hey. I have had a few freezes an restarts, but my main prob is its like incompatible with most online games, and I cant download anything. It’s kinda lame but… Eh good enuff for now.